Ukrainian president rejects Russia’s offer of talks in Belarus as Moscow’s forces break through eastern city’s defences.
Russian troops press into Kharkiv
- Russian troops have entered Ukraine’s second-largest city, Kharkiv, where street fighting is now taking place.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says Ukraine is ready for peace talks, but not in Moscow’s preferred venue of Belarus.
- More than 200,000 Ukrainians have fled the country since the beginning of Moscow’s assault, the UN says.
- Strikes target Ukrainian oil and gas facilities, igniting a depot near the capital, Kyiv.
- Western powers impose sweeping sanctions on Moscow, move to supply Ukraine with weapons.
Source Al Jazeera